I have not had time yet to post the pictures nor do I have time to speak of all of the wonderful things that have occurred in the last few days translating for the Virginia Hospital Medical Brigade, however, I will mention just a couple of things:
Two audiologists, especially Jenn, have demonstrated the difficulty and beauty of the profession. I helped translate for them to Honduran patients, and there were two women who had deaf children. When I explained that hearing aids really wouldnt do anything because the loss was so profound, they started crying. However, their girls knew sign language and were full of chispa and totally lista. I cried as well because she said that she was heart broken but that it was a beautiful break because she had the opportunity to help her daughter.
Also working with Arnie translating for eye exams was amaZing.
Also some of the ladies that I met from the Remote Village Project showed me how incredible medical resources can be, especially the ones we take for granted.
I was also given a kick ass machete which I will post pictures of later.
And Barack Obama is going to be our new president. I was a bit tipsy during his speech but I am extraordinarily greatful for this change. Why not believe in change? Why not believe in the beauty of the world?
I can´t believe I just said that. But really. La vida, tan hermosa. Más después, seguramente. And family, please call me soon. I´d love to hear from you.
PS Havent gotten boxes yet. Ill be heading to Tegu next Thursday (I think I mentioned that) and hopefully I´ll get them then.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
awesome pictures - awesome blog! hope you're doing well, you look great. I'll be calling you very soon. Love, Grandma Annie
Post a Comment