Monday, November 24, 2008

Other.

Last night I wrote until 2 am and just was so excited about this post and have just realized that somehow it is not on my memory drive.

So, I´ll try and post some fotos for now and get that post up later. Urg. I worked very hard on it :) OK the fotos didn´t work but if you have FACEBOOK, there they are.

I guess I´ll at least post an old poem so that this post isn´t completely useless.


I wrote this last year. We can cross one of them off the list, at least :)

September 7th.

3 years ago today I started this journal.

I started this.

I’ve never started a war or

Even instigated a fight.

I’ve never been in a relationship where

I didn’t love myself more.

I’ve never seen the sunrise

From another country’s footsteps.

I’ve never understood juries.

I’ve never served on one.

I’ve never read a whole novel

In one sitting.

I’ve never understood my grandmother, nor my mother, nor my father.

I´ve never not loved them.

I haven’t found the perfect song

Though I have many favorites.

I’ve never accepted Jesus

As my savior. I’ve never been

Attracted to the Christian faith

Except for the “Just in case.”

I’ve never woken up the same.

I’ve never swam out as far

As I could. I’ve still not

Gone back to California.

I’ve never gone to New York

And been disappointed.

I’ve never ridden on a jet plane.

I’ve never known politics

To be fair or just or swift.

I’ve never seen a ghost.

I don’t think.




No comments: