Thursday, September 11, 2008

aquí estoy en la biblioteca de reiken

aquí estoy. en san jeronimo, comayagua. ya yo sabía donde iba a vivir!
entonces, cuando yo pueda, voy a poner las fotos en la computadora.

i´m in san jeronimo. it is so beautiful. i know the pictures won´t do it justice. all around are huge, vast mountains, including comayagua mountain, which is a protected area in honduras. it is overwhelmingly beautiful.

i am only going to be here until sunday, but i´m so excited for the next two years. i was thinking back on how much they emphasized the level of stress and loneliness, but really, it hasn´t been bad. the people here are so nice and generous. the only thing i miss is talking in english sometimes, but everyone here is so patient with my spanish that it´s really alright. (but if you feel like calling me please do!)

i am about to attend my first meeting of `zona x`which is a meeting of kids once a week and i´ll know more about that later. :)

here is a website of some tourists who visited comayagua and took lots of fotos.

write more later.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is so fascinating and wonderful to read about all you are doing. I wonder every day what experiences are taking you away into this great world of ours. I've never seen a sky so beautiful as the one in your picture. It has such a violet tone to it. I You must be so happy you will be near mountains. I think you Hilary and I all thrive in the mountains. I know I always breath so much easier when I am there. Hilary has a new job on a goat dairy farm.She has a house to live in and is getting her drivers license. I think your Dad is going to help her with a car. I will do the incurance this time. I am happy she will be learning to drive. I'm going back up there later this month to help her move. I am saving my pennies to come see you. It will be June or July 2009 most likely. I can't wait to visit you there. I love you sweet thing. You are amazing!

Mom

Anonymous said...

Ok Rachael - you have officially made me cry. Real tears falling on my keyboard over here. I miss you.

Dora - each and every day I brag to someone about my amazing niece. I love you and miss you,

Tia Lori